What is antigen test?
An antigen is a molecule or molecular structure present in a pathogen that, when detected in the human body, can trigger an immune response. In the course of early stage infections (2-3 days), the antigens are found and to be detected in the respiratory tract, and therefore can be used as a device to mark the disease exposure. The procedures for the antigen test is simple and easy, gently insert the swab into nostrils for collecting samples, then the results can be read 20 minutes later (the result could be considered as invalid if it is left for more than 25 minutes).
How accurate will the antigen test be?
The accuracy of COVID-19 Antigen Tests can be measured by two factors.
- Sensitivity, which measures the ability to correctly identify positive patient samples. If a test kit has a high sensitivity, it means that the kit has a high positive percentage agreement and a low false negative rate.
- Specificity, which measures the ability to correctly identify negative patient samples. If a test kit has a high specificity, it means that the kit has a high negative percentage agreement and a low false positive rate.
The overall sensitivity and specificity of INDICAID® antigen test is 96% and 99% respectively.
- Collect nasal swab sample.
- Mix sample into the buffer solution.
- Add the buffer solution into the sample well.
- Read the result after 20 minutes and no more than 25 minutes.
- Shipping fee is not included.
- Customers may select either one option below for the product collection:
The actual shipping date will be subject to stock availability at center.
- Collect product at one of the Health Check Centers during office hours within 7 working days (Appointment is required); or
- Collect product by courier service with payment by recipient within 7 working days