- Non-invasive. Requires blood sample only
- High accuracy (>97% sensitivity)2
- With the combined use of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and state-of-the-art Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies, the circulating DNA in the blood plasma can be examined thoroughly. Data are then analyzed and interpreted using advanced computer algorithms
- Demonstrate low false-positive rate (0.7%)2 (false-positive rate of EBV serology test: 40%)3,4
- Invented and clinically validated by a world-class genetic research team of the Chinese University of Hong Kong1,2
- It has been clinically proven for detecting NPC early among asymptomatic individuals
- NPC patients identified at an early stage receive a better treatment outcome and a higher chance of survival
Around 3-7 working days
Risk factors of Nasopharyngeal Cancer (NPC):
- Living in the southern part of China and Southeast Asia
- Person aged over 40
- Having smoking habit
- Having a diet rich in salt-cured food
- Frequently exposing to other carcinogens
- With family history of NPC
- Infection of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)
- Working under conditions rich in formaldehyde (a chemical known as a health hazard) or other chemicals
If you have any of the factors mentioned above, please stay alert and seek advice from a healthcare professional.
2. Lam WKJ, Jiang P, Chan KCA, et al. Sequencing- based counting and size profiling of plasma Epstein- Barr virus DNA enhances population screening of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115(22):E5115-E5124. doi:110. 1073/pnas.1804184115.
3. Chang KP, Hsu CL, Chang YL, et al. Complementary serum test of antibodies to Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen-1 and early antigen: A possible alternative for primary screening of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Oral oncology. 2008;44(8):784-792. doi:10.1016/j.oraloncology.2007.10.003.
4. Tay JK, Lim MY, Kanagalingam J. Screening in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: Current Strategies and Future Directions. Current Reports. 2013;2(1):1-7. doi:10.1007/s40136-013-0035-4.