What is the principle of rapid antigen test?
An antigen is a molecule or molecular structure present in a pathogen, including bacteria and virus, and will trigger an immune response when it is detected in the human body. In general, bacterial antigens occur on the surface of the cells, and they will usually be identified at the upper respiratory tract during the preliminary stage (approximately 2nd – 3rd day after infection), and thus can be used as the infection marker. The procedures for the test is simple and easy, gently insert the swab into nostrils for sample collection, then can observe the result in 15 minutes, and it is not necessary to send the samples to laboratories for results, which can save much more time. Some testing products in the market may request for deep throat saliva or blood sampling, which they are not considered as antigen test.
What are the features of AESKU COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test?
- Adopted by HKSAR Government
- Developed and made in Germany
- Externally evaluated by ESfEQA
- CE-certified - conformité européenne
- Used by private hospitals in Hong Kong
- Able to detect the presence of certain COVID-19 variants (Omicron & Delta)^
- Results in 15 minutes
- Sensitivity 100% (Ct Value ≤ 30.0, 95% CI: 92%-100%), Specificity 98% (95% CI: 95%-99%)
- Fast, Simple and Reliable
- Easy to use, simple step-by-step instructions using a nasal swab
- Each pack contains 2 sets of test device
- Applicable for all ages (children under 12 years should be assisted by an adult)
What is ESfEQA?
The European Society for External Quality Assessment (ESfEQA) offers a variety of external quality tests to medical laboratories in the areas of biochemistry, hematology, immunology and microbiology. The ESfEQA quality assessment samples and the ESfEQA service are characterized by a high quality, reliability, simplicity of use and flexibility. They have received ISO 17043:2010 accreditation since 2016. There are international participants from approximately 50 countries in global, while offering more than 90 EQA programs, and with new programs and analyses continuously added.
AESKU COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Procedure
- Insert the test swab around 2.5cm into your nostril. Roll the swab around the walls of nostril 5 times and repeat the same process in the other nostril.
- Place the test swab into the sample tube and move the swab up and down in the liquid for at least 30 seconds (no more than 45 seconds), then move in a circle several times to mix.
- Squeeze 3 drops of the sample solution into the test cassette sample well.
- Wait 15 minutes for the result. The result may be distorted after 20 minutes.
*If the result is invalid, please repeat the test with a new test kit.
^AESKU Clinical Performance Study Report of Omicron variants-2022-01 (BIOMEX) https://www.aesku.com/images/images/news/pdf/3_2_Study_Omikron.pdf
^AESKU Clinical Performance Study Report of Delta variants-2021-2025 (BIOMEX)
- Shipping fee is not included.
- Customers may select either one option below for the product collection:
- Collect product at one of the Health Check Centers during office hours within 7 working days (Appointment is required); or
- Collect product by courier service with payment by recipient within 7 working days
- The actual shipping date will be subject to stock availability at center.
Easy-to-Use (Please refer to the detailed instructions inside the kit):